Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blog?

It's a word you've heard. Mumbled indiscreetly in coffee shops, over kitchen tables and shouted in between rope skips on most elementary school playgrounds. Aren't blogs only for people with glasses and beards who order triple grande dry hazelnut cappuccinos with light whip at the corner Starbucks with the most accessible wi-fi? Well not in my book. My book is just like your book, but the page that has the rules on it is folded over deliberately and has several brown coffee rings that hint at an intentional and neglectful beverage coaster choice. Because guess what? I'm writing a blog and I wear long-lasting contacts, have a cleanly shaven boy-face and just so happen to like my cappuccinos wet. Clearly this posting is either marking a distinct paradigm shift, or the latest possible bandwagon jump since everyone jumped on the Heath Ledger bandwagon after having one was pointless. More to the point, the topic of this blog is the topic of blogs. What better way to kick off a periodical that no one will probably ever read than to talk about something that anyone possibly reading this already knows? There is none. I guess it's more of a self-medication for the grief we've caused ourselves by inventing a cure for boredom anyway. That was a sorry mistake. I suppose throwing a ball at the wall and watching the ceiling fan have gone the way of the unicycle; used very infrequently and only by clowns. It makes every bit of sense that all other worth-while entertainers have at least embraced the fact that not blogging isn't even an option in this day and age if you want to keep a sharp wit. It'll only really be bad if I start a Twitter account. God help us all when that day comes.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastically funny blog, Jacques! For the frugal and factual language you use is highly functional and hard to forget. Finishing it, I feel flustered and fabulous. Faithfully and fervently, I shall be your follower. I am fortunate to have found you! Formally I remain, your friend, Grace.
    Farewell!

    ReplyDelete